Need a new printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new printer

My 10 year old Epson 1270 finally clogged up for good. I got a lot of use out of it and printed a lot of 13 x 19" poster sized prints.
    Lately I don't have much time for photography and haven't printed in large format much in the past 2 years.

So, I'm looking for a smaller printer the can do both letter sized photo quality and documents but not cost an arm and a leg for ink. I don't care if it is an all in one with scanner as long as it works well.

After spending a few days reading reviews I'm even more perplexed....LOL!!

One printer that I liked is the Epson Artisan 835 Color Inkjet All-In-One but I'm a bit hesitant since the Epsons tend to still have clogging problems and the refills are expensive.

How are the Cannons??? I'm not too fond of HPs either

Suggestions....
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Sorry, don't know. WHat I do know is that my dislike for HP has grown to such an extent that next time I'll buy something like a Brother MFC-6910. Prints up to A3, automatic duplex, WOW! Ink is about 50% or less compared to HP. But no clue about whether it would meet your standards w.r.t. photo's. Have seen a beatiful wattery scene and Ferrari that were supposed to be printed with that one.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I was a long-time Epson fan myself. They were great provided you used them enough to keep the heads from clogging.

A few years ago I switched to a Canon MP600 (all-in-one) and it is still running perfectly, even on compatibles (which are only 10-20% the price of originals). Canon have superceeded the MP600 a few times since but the replacements just seem to get better and remain 'A-list'. These days they add wifi and ethernet printing to what was already a very extensive feature set.

Check out the Canon MG6150.
      FT.

Comment

After looking some more I got a:

Canon PIXMA MX870 4206B002 Black ESAT: 9.4 ipm 9600 x 2400 dpi Wireless InkJet MFC / All-In-One Color Printer.
        it's been out for about a year now.

On sale for $144 at Newegg with only $1.99 for shipping.
        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16828102470

this will hold me over for the letter sized and smaller printing while I sort out what large format printer to get...
        Last edited by ALBPM; 15 March 2011, 20:24.
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Laser (old like Laserjet 4, 5, 6) for documents, print pictures at shops.

Comment

I am sure you will be very happy with the MX870. Canon have been top of the A-lists for inkjets and all-in-ones for a very long time now.
            FT.

Comment

Working...
            X