Devilishly cunning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devilishly cunning...

Check the screen shots. My name and phone number are correct...
    Attached Files
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Are you considering moving to US or did you just go through with this visa lottery to see what it its?

In couple of months Germany and Austria will no longer require visas for EU and I'll seriously consider it.

Comment

I think he is saying it is a very cunning spam message... We all had the "you've won the lottery" messages, but to have one where your name, phone number and place of birth are listed is new to me.
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I thought he just clicked one of those USA green card lottery banners and then got a receipt to pay for green card that will be given to him.

Comment

It's an email and it asks me to pay for said visa using Western Union to some person in the UK.
          Yes, I know there's an embassy here in Tel Aviv, but the point is that:
          A. They had my phone number to make it seem they're legit
          B. They've formatted their email pretty well, other than some little missing images from photobucket
          C. They used images from legit U.S government sites.

I know that U.S officials won't email me from Post.com, nor that they would request Western Union payments to someone abroad etc. etc. etc.
          Many other people will easily fall for it though.
          I hope someone will catch their contact person in the UK.
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

FAMAGUSTA GAZETTE
            • Thu, Mar 10, 2011
            The U.S. Embassy in Cyprus has reminded citizens and residents to use caution when working with private entities to apply for visas to the United States, as reports of fraudulent e-mails, websites, and print advertisements offering visa services are on the rise.
            In particular, one widespread Diversity Visa (DV) scam e-mail instructs recipients to send money via Western Union to a fictitious person at the U.S. Embassy in London.
            “If you have received this e-mail, you have been targeted by con artists. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should money be sent to any address for participation in the DV Lottery.”
            For additional information email consularnicosia@state.gov or call 22393939
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Diabolical. I'm sure they'll get more than enough bites to turn a tidy profit.

Comment

Working...
              X