Car options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car options

It looks like my BMW will be written off, yes I was involved in an accident that will cost approx $6,700 to fix. So they are thinking of writing it off.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting one of the following used cars, any thoughts?

1-2002 to 2003 BMW 540 M e39 6 speed manual
    2-2003 to 2004 BMW 545i automatic fully loaded
    3-BMW 745iL fully loaded
    4-2003 to 2004 Audi A8
    5-Ferrari Enzo
    6-Aston Martin DB9

Ok the last two are in the wish list.

Thoughts experiences, suggestions?

Thanks guys and gals

BMW 745iL.

Period.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm thinking the same Doc. The 745i is feature rich... totally awesome, though I will look like a grand father driving it, but hey I can handle it.
      Last edited by Elie; 8 March 2011, 20:53.

Comment

I would have gone for one of the 5-series.
        The 545i has the same engine as the 745 and is a bit lighter I suppose.
        The 540 is a six or eight cylinder ? The 6 was a monster and being a manual, mucho fun to drive.
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Dare I suggest a non-macho car, more friendly to the environment?
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

For Elie? Our Elie??

Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Evildead666: the 540 is a 4.4 litre V8, yes it's my next choice after the 745i, there are M packages available on the 540's with bucket seats and 6 speed manual gear box, the suspension is from the M so it's nice and firm. Solid car over all.
              Yes the 545 and the 745 share the same engine, but the looks of the 545 is not soo appealing.

The 745i or iL has a ton of luxury features beyond what I had even imagined, with 330HP to boot. And for $16,900 Canadian for a 2003, I can't go wrong

The 540M costs on average $12,000 to $14,000. I had a 528i with a 6 cyl engine, totally rock solid and fuel efficient but literally no power, only 190HP on a car that is over 2 tons.

Brian: you may suggest whatever you like, I welcome all ideas and thoughts.

Doc: couldn't stop laughing, you know me very well hehe

Comment

Driving old Beamer is better for environment than scraping it for a hybrid. Also driving an economical diesel probably has less footprint than driving a hybrid with lithium batteries, rare earths... I would probably get 320d.

Our president who used to have himself driven around in a Prius (but spent 56.000 Euros for renting a plane for 300km trip to Bosnia) has now chosen Skoda Superb.

Comment

We unfortunately don't have 320d's in Canada. Most BMW's here are gas based.

VW is the king for diesel here

Comment

Working...
                  X