Bongo Need Robot Voices for the Vortex2 SQ2500 to be happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bongo Need Robot Voices for the Vortex2 SQ2500 to be happy

Hey, all this EAX stuff is bunk. Big deal, now I can play Q3 with cool relective sound effects (okay, it is cool), but dammit I want
    my robot voices and other sound effects that can be applied to CDs and DVDs, like with Sblaster Live (which I replaced for the
    Vortex2). I think it was referred to as Lava or Playcenter, part of Sblaster's Live 3.0 massive download....

So, can anyone figure out a away to install this Sblaster software so it will work with the Vortex2 - a real challenge because
    when I tried installing it on my box, it told me it could find no Sblaster card present (duh, that's because I have a superior
    Vortex2!)

I promise you, if you haven't watched the matrix with Keannu's voice sounding like a robot, you have not lived...

Please, someone figure out how to crack the s/w- specifically the Creative Playcentre(downloadable from
    http://scripts.soundblaster.com/regi.../download2.asp

Here's what it sez:

Enhanced Playback of Internet Music and Audio

The New Creative PlayCenter lets you add realistic audio environments, play back
    MP3 songs, and apply real-time effects such as "male-to-female" and
    "female-to-male" to change the gender of the voice.

Creative's "Time-Scaling" technology, incorporated in PlayCenter, allows you to play
    back media - MP3,VideoCD, DVD - at different speeds without affecting the
    audio-pitch quality. You can also play back voice recordings on Creative Nomad at
    a slower pace with clarity.

cool

LET's make it work for for the VORTEX2 SQ2500!

Thanks

Not to put a damper on your project here, but I think all those "environments" are just settings for the EMU10K1 DSP on the Live! cards. That's how you can add the realtime effects even when playing a CD, whose audio doesn't pass through the software environment at all, only through the sound card. You might be able to rig up something like this for Wave playback, but I doubt you will be able to get the same functionality unless Aureal releases their own proprietary software that does this. Having said all that, I hope I am wrong and you can make it work!

Jon
    My baby...

QDI Brilliant IV - Bios 2.0 Beta (Win2000 updates - email me if you want it!)
    2 Pentium III 500 MHz
    256 MB PC-100 SDRAM
    Matrox Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM - Bios 2.6-20
    2 Creative Labs 3D Blaster Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI...)
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!
    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400
    Quantum Viking 4.5 GB UW SCSI (weak...)
    Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore 2X
    Iomega 1GB Jazz

All running on Win2000...

Comment

Infidel that's what you get for getting rid of Superior SBLive! and replacing it with pathetic Vortex crap. j/k
      No ackjr is right. Them EAX effects are stored in registry settings (when installed) and are applied to emu10k1 chip. Unless you can recode them for the vortex you are SOL
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Bongo slips into a broken-robot-hearted coma, and will only awake when Keannu speaks like Robby the Robot in the Matrix.

a silent moment please

Comment

Okay, I just woke up for a sec....how do we "trick" the Sblive s/w into programming the Vortex 2 and apply them to EMU10K1 DSP?

Wake me when there is an answer...please

Comment

Why whould you have to trick the SBLive S/W to apply then to the EMU1K1 DSP? That is the sound chip of the Live series. May be when the SQ3500 comes out with a Vortex2 and a DSP your dreams may come true.

Mark F.

------------------
            OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
            and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
            --------------------------------------------------
            and burped out a movie

Comment

Look, I was told the Vortex could do everything that the SBlive could do, including these sound effects. Are you saying that Vortex is unable to perform sound effects because it cannot be programmed like the SBlive...is the "DSP" a hardware chip that is unique to the SBLIVE and the Vortex had nothing similar on the 2500? The Vortex uses the AU8830 wavetable and AU8830 MPU-401 interfaces as playback, does the SBLIVE have these and a "DSP"?

explain please

thanks

Comment

The Vortex2 cards use the AU88x0 chips, 'hardwired' for sound. The Lives use the EMU10K1 DSP, for sound. The 'advantage' of the DSP is it's programability, however there is a cost of overhead, not suffered by the Vortex2.

The Vortex2 can do reverb so the effects you want should be possible. However someone must write software to do this. Rather than doing it through the EAX API, it would be more efficent to do it with the Vortex2 interface (A3D). Keep looking around and maybe one day there will be a shareware program to do this. You could also stay after AUREAL to come out with one, but they would have to beleave there is large market demand.

Just some ideas to hold you through till Kenu talks like Robby the Robot.

Mark F.

------------------
                and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                --------------------------------------------------
                and burped out a movie

Comment

Working...
                X