• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, who of you guys is Bernie?

(this is about F1)

Here is a post I made a few years (!) back:

(sprinklers on the track)

And here is Bernie's new idea:

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Bernie Ecclestone would like to see trackside sprinklers at Formula One circuits to artificially create the excitement of a wet circuit midway through grands prix.
    So who of you guys is Bernie?
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Lol
    Last edited by Umfriend; 1 March 2011, 16:54.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Sprinklers Hell - I vote for f'in snow machines
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

ROFL. That'll be me, I've been spreading the word ever since you first suggested it

It's just Bernie being Bernie. He hasn't been in the news for 28 hours so he'll say something stupid.
        FT.

Comment

Some additional ideas for Bernie to consider:

What is it with the unceasing contempt for the Great Dictator of Formula One? Every time Bernie Ecclestone hatches a cunning plan, he is denied the respect his intellect demands, though why is frankly beyond me.

My favourite:

SNAKES
          Every tenth lap, a king cobra will be released from a box beneath the gearbox, by remote control, into the cockpits of drivers who began from an even number on the grid. Drivers may deploy a mongoose as co-driver if it is registered in accordance with existing FIA guidelines. During a period of artificial rain, however, the cobra will be joined by a puff adder, and this will be known as Snakes On An Aquaplane.
          FT.

Comment

There are some good ones there!

But it is more looking like they are turning it into a video game with powerups: first the movable wing, next the sprinklers... Then it is a small step to giving the drivers have a button to turn on the sprinklers at random (e.g. as a reward for setting the fastest lap or for passing 5 other drivers in one lap)... Soon we'll have them throwing hedgehogs(*) at each other...

Jörg

(*) Mario Kart
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
            X