SciFi 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SciFi 2011

Sucker Punch: Babydoll is institutionalized by her stepfather. To cope she creates an alternate reality where she and her friends; Sweet Pea, Rocket, Blondie and more, must fight robots, dragons and ninjas to escape.

Cowboys and Aliens: Indians and cowboys must unite to defend their land against aliens that have crashed in their town.

Real Steel: takes place 10 years in the future, when human boxing has been outlawed so robots throw punches instead. Hugh Jackman is Charlie Kenton, an operator who resurrects a junkyard bot with the help of his son, Max, to do battle with the best fighting bots around.

The Thing: takes place three days before John Carpenter's movie begins, at the Norwegian base his characters discover.

Contagion: a fast-moving lethal virus strikes population centers around the world, and the international medical community struggles to respond. Steven Soderbergh directs Jude Law, Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Winslet and Lawrence Fishburne.

Adjustment Bureau: based on Philip K. Dick's short story "Adjustment Team"

Super 8: Area 51, train wreck and something breaks free - oh my! This. Looks. Amazing.

Apollo 18: officially Apollo 18 was canceled, but "found footage" from the 1970's that suggests Apollo 18 secretly went to the moon, and found something there besides rocks.

Rise of the Apes: prequel to Planet of the Apes where scientist Will Rodman (James Franco) is dosing apes with drugs to find a cure for Alzheimer's.

World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles: a mysterious craft that appeared over the Pacific Ocean on the night of February 24, 1942, at which the Air Force actually fired. The government later said that the craft were actually weather balloons. This film takes that real event and turns it into an alien invasion story.

Paul: comic-book geeks Graeme and Clive Simon Pegg and Nick Frost) go on a sci-fi pilgrimage, they encounter foul-mouthed alien Paul (voiced by Seth Rogen) outside of Area 51. Hijinks involving federal agents ensue.

Source Code: Colter Stevens is a soldier who enters the body of an unknown man for 8 minutes at a time as he tries to find the bomber of a commuter train and prevent an even bigger act of terrorism before.

Another Earth: On the night of the discovery of a duplicate Earth in the solar system, an ambitious young student and an accomplished composer cross paths in a tragic accident.

Perfect Sense: A chef and a scientist fall in love as an epidemic begins to rob people of their sensory perceptions.

The Troll Hunter: A group of students investigates a series of mysterious bear killings, but learns that there are much more dangerous things going on. They start to follow a mysterious hunter, learning that he is actually a troll hunter.

Take Shelter: Is the end of the world coming, or is Curtis LaForche losing his mind? The husband and father, whose daughter is deaf, has increasingly terrifying dreams of a superstorm that rains a thick black liquid.

Letters from the Big Man: Sarah Smith, a government hydrologist, sets out on stream survey in southwestern Oregon. In the course of her work she finds herself interacting with a male Sasquatch, and a mutual curiosity ensues.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Could be a big year for SciFi movies. I really want to see The Troll Hunter. I grew up on old Troll stories
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
    X