Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD movie stutter and audio issues

Hi all,

We purchased a Canon SD camera in 2009 and I am now trying to get our material to DVD. No fancy editing stuff, just trying to get it into a movie.

I got, with the camera, Imagemixer 3 SE for SD (a crime against humanity that software is). All goes well expect that when I play the DVD in one of my two DVD players, after about 1 minutes the movie start to stutter, audio goes silent and, at times, video pauses and sound goes on or the other way around, synchronicity is far from fine.

Is this an issue with Imagemixer? When I play back the 4Gb .mpg through the program all seems fine...WMP playback seems to be fine as well.

Oh, recorded on DVD in PAL, 25fps. 9 mbps video, 256kbps audo, 10.08 mbps total (??)

Should I get other SW? What for really basic stuff? Could it be computer related (Athlo 64 X2 4400+ from 2005. i5-2500 otw)?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Reduce your video bitrate to, say, 6500 kbit/s and it will probably be OK and you won't see any difference in quality. More Catholic than the Pope syndrome!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Will try from highest to high quality. Thanks.

Is it then the DVD players that can't keep up with high bandwidth? (Denon DVD-2900).
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

And I'll wait for the new PC, it is annoying to work like this with crappy SW...

Comment

Have you tired convertx to dvd ?
          Have you checked the correct FPS ?

A denon DVD should be pretty good.
          To me it sounds like Buffering/Synchro issues with the file. When encoding, you may have stepped outside of the DVD specs.
          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Many (most) DVD players glitch at high bitrates. I presume your blanks are single layer. Dual layer ones are the merde.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Yes, single layer. Found that High Quality still runs at 8mbps, going for standard now but the program crashed again. Any simple SW to be advisable (that runs under W7-64 as well as XP)?

Comment

Working...
              X