Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony monitor F400

Hello,

i'm very interested about the F400 Sony monitor, so i would like the feedback of one or several F400 owners, thanks !

Olivier

Bonjour Olivier,

Je n'ai pas un F400, mais j'ai eu successivement CINQ Sony - tous tombés en panne : problème de dégradation de la couche antireflet, couleurs bizarres, etc.
    Le SAV a été très bien, mais je n'acheterai plus de Sony.

C'est un avis perso, bien sûr.
    @+

Comment

All I can say is that I work a lot with Word, and like a razor-sharp monitor, and even have the money to buy one as expensive as the F400. So, I went to have a look at it, see how it feels in real life. The control joystick-thingy on the front is absolutely marvelous, it's the best setup for a monitor I've ever seen - and I've seen plenty. The tube is flat, not just diamondtron flat, but it's flat horizontal and vertical. That's weird when you're used to a 'normal' monitor, but you get used to it after a while.

The picture is stunning - it's razorsharp, really. It does a better 1600x1200 with it's 19" tube than a 22" Iiyama (it figures too, if you do the math, the dot pitch for the Sony makes it possible to display every dot at that res, and the Iiyama doesn't).

But, and here's why I walked out of the store with the money for the F400 still in my pocket: the two dampening wires, which all diamondtron tubes are infamous for, are plainly visible on big white screens. There's the catch: I work a lot with Word, and staring at a white background with the two wires very visible is - to me - a pain I can't bare. The wires show on the regular windows 'sky and cloud' background too.

So, if you care about the dampening wires, or don't use solid (light, ie white)backgrounds a lot, AND have the money to burn, then I'd say go for it! It's a piece of art. If you're like me, or at least not sure if you can take the wires, go see it in real life. Go to any store where they sell it, and sit behind it for at least an hour or two. You really should do that when considering spending that much money. The same cash will get you three very decent 17", so spend it wisely.

Comment

oops. Last paragraf should start with "If you DON'T care about..." etc. forgot that one important word

Comment

Working...
        X