Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major untitled WB/Will Smith project....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major untitled WB/Will Smith project....

One to watch out for -

Warner Brothers, the Wachowski's (The Matrix) and Will Smith are collaborating on a futuristic "Robin Hood" type hyper-action movie. This started after WB read & bought the finished script from the Wachowski's for $5 million.

They've consulted James Cameron about how to achieve the technical bleeding edge he did with T2 and Avatar, but there's no word if he'll be directly involved. I kind of doubt it because Cameron's booked pretty solid;

Battle Angel - 2013

On the Wachowski's front, they're also prepping 2 more Matrix films.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 January 2011, 18:41.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Didn't realize Cameron was planning for two sequels for Avatar (at least one was a given). So the first will be the Na'vi (sp?) against other natives species on their planet, and the second a return of the greedy corporate Humans or other alien threat? I liked Avatar, so hopefully Cameron can spend a little more effort on the story and character development.

More Matrix movies? The last one ruined it for me, so much so that I have a hard time watching the first one.

Oh yeah, I'm all for Will Smith in a futuristic role like that.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Dunno the premises he'll use for the Avatar flicks other than that Avatar II is supposed to take place in an aquatic environment.

I'm ready for another Will Smith action flick too

Matrix? Meh, until proven otherwise.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 January 2011, 20:23.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Well, it he stays true to the Avatar cartoons, there should be three parts...
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I found Avatar a remarkably unremarkable movie. I loved and love The Matrix. The sequels should not have been made (and the second sequel is way way worse than the first). I'll not be intrested in either of those new movies.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I heard rumors that the new Matrix movie will be a prequel, in other words how the machines took over, the battle with humans etc. that lead to the first Matrix movie.

I too look forward to more Will Smith action flicks.
            Last edited by Elie; 24 January 2011, 10:20.

Comment

This guy has it completely right:

Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan View Post

This guy has it completely right:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/aliens_avatar
                LOL that link is soo true

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
                  I heard rumors that the new Matrix movie will be a prequel, in other words how the machines took over, the battle with humans etc. that lead to the first Matrix movie.
                  In other words, live action versions of the two Animatrix chapters titled The Second Renaissance parts I and II.

We'll see.
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 24 January 2011, 12:18.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Exactly. That would be cool! But like Ghost in the Shell, the Matrix story could go on and on, the potential is there.

Comment

The Animatrix DVD is available in the US, but if not where you guys are then 4 chapters are online including those I mentioned above -

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you couldn't awaken? How would you know the difference between dream and reality?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

That Avatar Aliens link is awesome!

I thought Animatrix was better than the sequals. I can see The Second Renaissance being made into movies. They were both really good.

They can be watched online for free and all legitimate like at the links below.

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                          futuristic "Robin Hood"
                          So it will be a live-action "Rocket Robin Hood?"

Did you guys get that show in the US?
                          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by Mehen View Post
                            So it will be a live-action "Rocket Robin Hood?"

Did you guys get that show in the US?
                            Yes, but it was only available in a few areas during different years.
                            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

We've had at least three Robin Hood series here, one going back to my ancient childhood. Stars -

-Richard Greene (1955) (syndicated - never missed it)
                              -Matthew Porretta (1997) (pure trash)
                              -Jonas Armstrong (2006) (BBC America)

IMO there have only been 2 Robin Hood's that made him come alive:

Errol Flynn and Richard Greene

No contest.
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 24 January 2011, 22:13.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X