Where do you find movie suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you find movie suggestions

I used to rely on IMDB the rating was a good indicator whether I'm going to like a movie or not. There was at most 1.5 grade variance in both directions between how I'd grade movie and the grade it had there. Now there are several movies from 2010 (most so far from the same year) in the top 250 and some are rated ridiculously high. Example: Inception 7th greatest movie of all times, Black Swan 52nd, ... 9/250 top movies made between 1924 and 2010 were made in 2010

Then I peeked behind scenes and noticed that most people rate movies as either 1 or 10. Extreme Example would be this vote justification: Ledger used drugs, I hate junkies so I rated Dark Knight as 1. There are very few movies I would rate as 10 or 1 yet most people give these votes.

Then I went to rotten tomatoes and other critic sites and it's not much better, professional reviewers were being influenced before IMDB posters.

So where do you guys go for movie suggestions these days?
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 19 January 2011, 19:49.

If I have an interest in a known subject I may go. Otherwise I go week 2 and ask friends.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Trailers i see before other movies, ads on the TV, Chit-Chat on the net like in "The Lounge"@Murc, invited by friends, general lemmings behaviour as everyone else watches a movie, once in a month i get paid to watch one ...

R.
      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

erm.. i come here to get my movie suggestions.. i find murc members to be more reliable or having similar taste and appreciation in movies as myself
        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I commonly go based on what people around me tell me... I try to avoid watching trailers or moviesites, as I feel they might reveal too much of the plot...

movie-lounge forum?
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Pixar.

PS This actually comes close to being literally true.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
            X