The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo / Millennium triology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo / Millennium triology

I recently watched this and I highly recommend it, you'll like it: leather clad hacker girl and investigative reporter explore crimes that lead them deeper and deeper.

It's a Swedish trilogy consisting of three movies:
    Män som hatar kvinnor (Man who hates women - translated as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
    Flickan som lekte med elden (The girl who played with fire)
    Luftslottet som sprängdes (The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) - maybe Technoid can trasnlate the last two titles.

You can watch trailers on IMDB
    Attached Files

I've only seen Dragon Tattoo and also recommend it.

Noomi Rapace plays the hacker, and will also star in Ridley Scott's Prometheus. See its thread.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 January 2011, 16:35.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
      I recently watched this and I highly recommend it, you'll like it: leather clad hacker girl and investigative reporter explore crimes that lead them deeper and deeper.

It's a Swedish trilogy consisting of three movies:
      Män som hatar kvinnor (Man who hates women - translated as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
      Flickan som lekte med elden (The girl who played with fire)
      Luftslottet som sprängdes (The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) - maybe Technoid can trasnlate the last two titles.

You can watch trailers on IMDB
      In the first title "Män som hatar kvinnor" its Plural as several "Men that hates women"

and the second only need similar corrections "The girl that played with the fire"
      (I haven't read it but unless it's about a pyromaniac, the title is a swedish idiom
      meaning that she was playing with forces better left alone)

The last title I'd translate as "The bubble that burst" since I'm not that good at translating alliterative idioms and a litteral translation would be "the castle in the air that exploded.

Definition: daydreams; thinking or dreaming about something unattainable

Explanation: Used when talking about someone who likes to spend time thinking about things that have little to do with his / her own reality

Examples: Why don't you pay attention to what you need to do and not build castles in the air. - Unfortunately, he often dreams of castles in the air and doesn't do much to improve his situation.
      Edit: seems like it is an English idiom as well, swedish probably stole it
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The three swedish films have had a very good reception, and seem to be universally considered excellent.
        A lot of people are very sad that there will not be any more books by the author, due to his untimely death.

A lot of other people are miffed that the US has decided to greenlight a remake of the three films, but with American actors. The director for the swedish movies said that Noomi made the movies with her performance, and that it is wrong to redo the movies.

I think the films/books are called 'Millennium' here.
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Which always gets me to think of that Xfiles spinoff series

And talking about the books,the english translations is horrible...
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
          X