Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prometheus (2012) (Happy Birthday, David)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus (2012) (Happy Birthday, David)

O-M-G !!

Deadline....

EXCLUSIVE: First, it started out as an Alien Prequel. But then it morphed into something "more original", an insider tells us -- even though Hollywood kept referring to the project as "The Alien Prequel" right up until today when Twentieth Century Fox officially announced the new Ridley Scott production as Prometheus is now bound for worldwide release on March 9th, 2012. Returning to science fiction filmmaking for the first time since Blade Runner, Scott will direct this epic. Of the five major roles to be cast, Noomi Rapace is the first actor signed to star (as "Elizabeth Shaw"), and we hear that Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron are both circling the other big female lead ("Vickers").

The initial draft of the script was written by Jon Spaihts (The Darkest Hour) from Ridley’s idea. Damon Lindelof (Lost, Star Trek) and Scott have since been working together on the current version which has expanded the story into new directions. We hear they were instructed to "go off and come up with what they want" using the 'Alien DNA'. Though story details are being closely guarded, Ridley explained the outlines of the film and its genesis as follows: “While Alien was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien’s DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn't be more pleased to have found the singular tale I'd been searching for, and finally return to this genre that's so close to my heart.”

Says Lindelof: "In a world flooded with prequels, sequels and reboots, I was incredibly struck by just how original Ridley's vision was for this movie. It's daring, visceral and hopefully, the last thing anyone expects. When I sat in a movie theater as a kid, feet raised off the floor for fear that something might grab my ankles, I never dreamed in my wildest imagination I would one day get to collaborate with the man responsible for it. Working alongside him has been nothing short of a dream come true."

Swedish actress Noomi Rapace landed the scientist's role after Scott saw her portrayal of fictional Lisbeth Salander in the film The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as well as the rest of the Steig Larssen. All Fox would say is that the other roles "would be cast soon".
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

That's awesome news!!!!

The whole Aliens saga including Predators and Aliens vs Predators is an all time classic!

Here is a quiz, I saw this a long time ago and couldn't remember which Aliens movie this was from, so here it goes...

they are at base camp...they rig up all their weapons with IR detectors to when the aliens come is they fire automatically. Which Aliens movie was this from?

Thanks

Comment

Aliens has that. They visit the devastaed colony on the teraformed planet. They set these up to guard against attack but all the ammo is used up in moments.
      FT.

Comment

I think on the special edition you get more time watching the Ammo count run down.
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Alien and Aliens are easily two of my favorite movies. Looking forward to seeing what Ridley Scott and his creative team have come up with.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

About star Noomi Rapace - she has redeeming qualities

a. she often leaves her knickers off the set

b. she knows how to play with guns

c. she's cute

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 January 2011, 16:55.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks guys, I thought it was either the special edition or the extended edition. Cheers!
              And yes Alien and Aliens are my two most favorite!

Comment

Updated cast-

Charlize Theron

Michael Fassbender (the new Magneto in X-MEN: First Class)

Noomi Rapace (Girl With The Dragon Tatto)
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Cast is filling out -

Guy Pearce
                  Michael Fassbender (an android)
                  Charlize Theron
                  Noomi Rapace
                  Idris Elba
                  Sean Harris
                  Kate Dickie
                  Rafe Spall
                  Logan Marshall-Green
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 May 2011, 02:08.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I have read what purports to be a full outline of the script for Prometheus.

If this is even 33% accurate we are in for the kind of Sci-Fi we haven't seen since the original Alien, this being its full prequel stretching back to the dawn of life on Earth and into the future. We learn who/what the skeletonized creature was in the original, and the origin of the xenomorphs.

It sure sounds like a Ridley Scott special.

I repeat myself: O-M-G!!!!
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 November 2011, 00:42.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

If I wasn't already excited, now I definitely am. Alien is by far one of my favorite movies -- I go back and watch it again almost every year.
                      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Fox denied the leaked script outline and released an extended, but much shorter, synopsis of their own. Funny thing: there is NO contradiction between the two. Fewer details yes, but the general arc is very much the same.

I sense a CYA
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

This is a trailer...for the trailer. Which comes out on Thursday. Only little blips in here, but it looks very Aliens/Geiger'esque.
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Browse all movies, TV shows, and more from Apple TV+. Watch all Apple Originals here and on the Apple TV app across your devices.

Prometheus Teaser TrailerA Film by Ridley Scott▸ More at https://www.facebook.com/Prometheus6812-Even more athttp://www.PrometheusForum.nethttp://www.Prometh...
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 December 2011, 14:49.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

2012 is going to be a good scifi/fantasy movie year.
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X