Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) - (new trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) - (new trailer)

Date: July 3, 2012

Director: Marc Webb (500 Days of Summer)

Producer: Avi Arad (Marvel)

Screenplay: James Vanderbilt (The Losers, Zodiac)

Cast - (incomplete)

Peter Parker: Andrew Garfield

Dr. Curt Connors/Lizard: Rhys Ifans

Billy Connors (son): Miles Elliot

Nels Van Adder/Proto-Goblin: Irrfan Khan

Gwen Stacy: Emma Stone

George Stacy (father): Denis Leary

Philip Stacy (brother): Charlie DePew

Aunt May Parker: Sally Fields

Uncle Ben Parker: Martin Sheen

Mary Parker (mother): Julianne Nicholson

Richard Parker (father): Campbell Scott

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

A controversy in many superhero movies is if canon is changed or not.

In Sam Rami's Spider-Man films a major change was to his webshooters; in the original comics they were devices Peter Parker built. Rami made them organic - part of Parker's mutation.

The new films producers are reverting to old-school: the webshooters in this film will again be devices, like in the original comics.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 January 2011, 04:37.
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Seems a little too soon to be rebooting Spider-Man, especially after three movies having been made.

Obviously The Hulk was sort of rebooted, but that was only after one prior film (of recent release) and the newer film didn't cover the same ground as the first (just new actors and a better fit into Marvel's more "realistic" universe).
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

The reboot is because the studio felt Raimi was going off the reservation in changing things. They also didn't like his choice for the next villain: Vulture, and it was felt he was at a creative dead-end given how flat Spider-Man 3 was.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Oh I completely see why they want to do a reboot, Spider-Man 3 was horrible, but I just feel it's too soon. Maybe if they were going the same route as they did with Hulk, it'd be different, but from the characters said to be in the new film, it certainly doesn't look that way.

That all said, I hope it turns out well. I was never into Spider-Man as a kid, but I've always liked the character.

Comment

Are the Spiderman I-III worth watching? I skipped them when they came out because there were better other things and I started going through a huge backlog of good older movies then. How do they stack up against other super hero movies?

Comment

Spider-Man 1 & 2 are quite good. The problem with 3 was that Raimi tried to fit 2-3 films into one and in so doing had to sacrifice character development and resolution of the conflicts. ex: Venom could have taken up 2 films & been a spinoff film all by himself. Sandman was IMO a poor villain choice as well.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I actually liked the idea of organic webbing, though it was a complete surprise when I watched Spiderman I, I was used to Parker making his own web slinging device.

So now we'll be back to webshooters, I guess that makes it a bit more interesting, since he could run out of web material and has to change cartridges during battles or while swinging.

It could get interesting as well as Parker makes different web material as well.

COOL!

Comment

Official title:The Amazing Spider-Man

Date: July 3, 2012

http://www.theamazingspiderman-movie.com/ (not much there at the moment)

Big pic -

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 February 2011, 01:29.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Trailer is up!

Looking darker than Raimi's series, and the production info it looks like the effects will lean much more towards the practical with Spidey doing harness work instead of a digital animation. Back to the basics too with mechanical web-shooters etc.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 July 2011, 21:58.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Yeah the first person perspective was interesting though I hope it's not repeated throughout the movie.

I like the darker aspect, hope it turns out to be a good movie.

Comment

Looks like they are going for more intrigue with Peter's parents than I've seen in past incarnations.

Comment

The first person looked too...rubbery. Like it was a video game. Hopefully they clean it up a lot before release.
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

New trailer - looking pretty good.

Second trailer to this summer's The Amazing Spider-Man. In theaters July 3, 2012.The Amazing Spider-Man is the story of Peter Parker (Garfield), an outcast h...
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                            X