Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Intel CPUs - Sandy Bridge Benchmarks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Intel CPUs - Sandy Bridge Benchmarks!

And HardOCP's review of a P67-based board:

Summary:
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

The new procs look awesome. In everything but the most multi-threaded dependant benchmarks the i7-2600K beats the venerable i7-980X extreme edition six-core proc. With stock AIR overclocking to 4.1+ GHz and a $317 price tag it will be a steal when it comes out.

I can't wait to see the enthusist grade procs coming out in Q3 or Q4. Unless AMD's Bulldozer has a few tricks up its sleeve I don't see Intel losing the performance crown any time soon.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Perfect timing, I'm planning a new system in the next months...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It will be hard to find a Sandy Bridge motherboard with AGP and PCI-X slot.

Comment

@UtwigMU: Very hard on the former, but not so hard on the latter... Asus WS-Series boards are slated to have a PCI-X Slot (Still)
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

This is awesome, I will upgrade for sure. Just wonder it they will come out with a XEON edition.

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan View Post
              @UtwigMU: Very hard on the former, but not so hard on the latter... Asus WS-Series boards are slated to have a PCI-X Slot (Still)
              It was more of a joke on VJ's part who keeps asking about Parhelia problems and PCI-X RAID compatibility.

Comment

... yes... It would not be to replace that server, but to replace the one UPS dropped (my media machine). It was a Asus P6T6 WS Revolution which had 6 PCIe slots... Currently checking the socket 1155 mainboards, and while such a slot layout is only available on the Asus Maximux IV Extreme, it is an EATX which would not fit in the case I'm planning. But I should manage with other slot layouts, so I'm currently looking at the Asus P8P67 Pro.

I'll keep using the dual Xeon as long as it will allow me (as file server and virtual machine server), with the PCI-X raid card, and might upgrade the harddisks in the raid soon as well.
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
                  This is awesome, I will upgrade for sure. Just wonder it they will come out with a XEON edition.
                  just how many cores do you need?
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Xeon editions will start trickling out in Feb. The high-end Xeon's on the LGA 2011 socket won't start coming out until Q3, with the 6 and 8 core versions hitting in Q4.
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                    X