Hardware Acceleration Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware Acceleration Question

As I said in Desktop Video Forum (http://www.forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?t=70549)
    I have been having problems with my (old) Graphics/Video Capture Card. It started to intermittently producing artifacts all over the screen and vertical bars. In an attempt to try and patch the problem I moved the Hardware Acceleration slider one notch back and this apperently fixed the problem.
    I'm not sure if this problem had anyting to do with the replacement BOBO I have just installed which is Asrock P4i65G. What I would like to know is, what has the change in acceleration do to hopefully have cleared the problem ?
    Attached Files
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Just Guessing !!!

Aren't there bios settings affecting AGP performance? Like apeture size?? Primary boot up video card...instead of auto set to AGP???

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky Cheese View Post
      Aren't there bios settings affecting AGP performance? Like apeture size?? Primary boot up video card...instead of auto set to AGP???

Yes. All the sttings you mentioned are set to the video card specs.

Comment

?????

I dunno then...mismatch in hardware compatability???

Comment

Thanks Chucky for your interest. I shall be checking the hardware and software for any compatibility issues.

Comment

How is it going ???

...any luck ???

Comment

maybe fast writes or sidebanding?

Comment

I'm strongly suspecting that the card is dying. I am getting randomly placed artifacts over the screen at very long intervals (once or twice in about 3 hours). I just use the card until it dies because it really does very good mped 2 capturing.

Comment

Working...
                X