Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome" (TV - 2011) (teaser)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome" (TV - 2011) (teaser)

SyFy Channel movie that could well go series.

"Blood & Chrome" dives back into the action of the original series by taking place during the first Cylon War. A young William Adama is sent on a mission which could swing the tide back in favor of the 12 colonies.

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Thanx for the heads up. Looks interesting. I'm having a hard time really getting into Caprica..
    paulw

Comment

Never got into Caprica either. Took too long to develop an interesting plot of any kind. This one could be interesting though.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

link....

From what I've heard of the trailer...which is cut to "Immigrant Song" and styled after the famously awesome GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO promo...the embed below represents the same material screened at that convention.

BLOOD & CHROME is set in the years preceding the famously revamped BATTLESTAR GALACTICA series from Ron Moore and David Eick, chronicling the adventures of young William Adama (played by Edward James Olmos in the recent series - but portrayed by Luke Pasqualino here) during the Cylon War. Fans of BG may recall that the Cylon War was a significant back story component for that series. B&C has been characterized as much more of a "war" and "action" series than its progenitor/successor...an assertion apparently borne out by the pacing and content of of this trailer.

BLOOD & CHROME has been said to utilize a significantly different production model from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, employing a staggering array of virtual sets and environments as opposed to physically constructing costly locations (details HERE). The results? See for yourself below...but keep in mind that much of the physicality surrounding the actors here isn't even real.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Your link is dead. This one is still working.

I hope this doesn't end up sucking like Caprica.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
            Your link is dead. This one is still working.

I hope this doesn't end up sucking like Caprica.
            +1. Looks interesting just hope they don't use that crappy music from the trailer..
            paulw

Comment

The series isn't coming to the boob tube after all according to the latest news. They will air the pilot but the series will only be distributed on the Net as originally planned. What do you expect from Syfy?! That channel has sucked since they took over the SciFi channel.
              Last edited by xortam; 22 March 2012, 14:40.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Anyone else for launching a Tomahawk at 40 Rock? (NBC Universal's HQ)

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                X