Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W7: loss of network after hibernate

Hello,

I have this Zotac ION nettop computer (it is ok, much more noise than advertised ). I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on it, but after it resumes from hibernate or standby, I no longer have network access (wired). The only solution is to reboot the computer, which kind of defeats the purpose of hibernating it.

Everything is fully updated, latest non-beta drivers...

And suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

All these years and power management is still a PITA!
    Having similar probs at home with an old Dell PC.
    Sorry no help.
    FT.

Comment

I mailed Zotac, and they replied it is an OS issue, hence not their problem. The recommended me to search on the internet, but it is hopeless (most links concern beta versions of Windows 7, or were solved with updated drivers).
      It work on my laptop (also Windows 7), so I'm guessing it is a problem related to the chipset of the NIC. The computer was very cheap, but I will never buy such a closed system for a desktop computer again (it was actually the first time I did).
      I'll look around further in the bios and in the driver settings (there are some power management things there).
      pixar

Comment

Have you installed latest drivers from Windows update, Zozac or chipset maker (Intel, Realtek...)? Try checking driver IDs and downloading drivers from manufacturer site.

Comment

Check the event logs ................ you are sure to find the reason for failed comms there.
          Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
            Have you installed latest drivers from Windows update, Zozac or chipset maker (Intel, Realtek...)? Try checking driver IDs and downloading drivers from manufacturer site.
            I downloaded from the nVidia site (ION chipset, it also provides the network driver), as it is more up to date than Zotac.

Originally posted by LvR View Post
            Check the event logs ................ you are sure to find the reason for failed comms there.
            I'll check...
            Oh, could a VMWare installation have to do with it?

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

What vmware: I'm running Workstation 7 on X61 and 6.5 on T42 and they both resume without loss of wireless.

Have you tried also flashing to latest BIOS?

Comment

It is at the latest bios...
                Running VMWare player...

Wireless keeps working, wired is the issue... I'll check the log files, but I don't think it gives me any error or warning there...
                pixar

Comment

W7 64 Ult here and both wired and wireless behaves after resume from sleep so its gotta be something peculiar to your setup/hw
                  Lawrence

Comment

My guess is either with the network driver, or with the powersettings for the network driver (I haven't adjusted those). Now I don't have much time, but I'll check it later this week.
                    pixar

Comment

Working...
                    X