• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible Hulk (new TV)

Who: ABC & Marvel TV

Format: weekly series

When: fall 2012

Director: Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy, Pans Labrynth)

Producer: David Eick (Battlestar Galactica)

Looks like a 20-something Dr. Bruce Banner with a mix of CGI and physical effects.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 November 2010, 03:29.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Guillermo del Toro tells fear.net -

We turned in the outline to ABC about four weeks ago....And then we did a rewrite for ABC on the outline, and now we are lining up the pages. One of the points of this project early on with Marvel was, 'We're going to do this thing different, and here's how. Are you interested?' And they were.
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

With the amount of Marvel movies being released, from Spiderman to the upcoming Avengers, and others. Making a TV series is almost useless. Wonderwoman failed even before it was aired.

People are now spoiled with Hollywood grade special effects and quality that I believe people will turn away from low budget TV series.

We'll see what happens

Comment

Any "green" super hero has not done well lately, compared to their counterparts. Green Hornet (which sucked), Green Lantern, and two Hulk movies (which only did OK).

If they do bring back a TV hulk they need to bring back the end music for it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The idea of Guillermo del Toro doing a television series should be enough to get you excited, but with the prospect of it being one of Marvel's first foray's into live action TV, that's cause for celebration.

It's been known for some time now that ABC is planning a Hulk TV series, but few details have emerged in the past few months, especially after this little movie called The Avengers. Based on audience reaction to the character in that film, however, you'd expect interest in the TV series to be at an all time high. MTV caught up with Guillermo and asked him about it...

"I have had a couple of minutes with Marvel since 'Avengers,' and they have the screenplay, he said. We're waiting for a particular writer to do a rewrite on the pilot. That's where we are right now. But we're still on."

Who might that writer be? Someone that is well known to television or the Hulk?
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
          X