Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word 2007: endnotes

Hello,

I'm having this stupid problem with Word 2007, and google is of no help. I have a complex word-document (table of contents, book references, ...), and want to add endnotes that appear at the end of the section.

I've opened the "footnotes" window in the "References" tab of the ribbon, and told it to put endnotes at the end of the section (location: endnotes: end of section).

If I now add an endnote, it puts it on the very last page, which certainly is not "at the end of the section". The automatic table of contents clearly is aware of different sections (they are automatically numbered and added to it), so why isn't the endnotes option?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Originally posted by VJ View Post
    Hello,

I'm having this stupid problem with Word 2007, and google is of no help. I have a complex word-document (table of contents, book references, ...), and want to add endnotes that appear at the end of the section.

I've opened the "footnotes" window in the "References" tab of the ribbon, and told it to put endnotes at the end of the section (location: endnotes: end of section).

If I now add an endnote, it puts it on the very last page, which certainly is not "at the end of the section". The automatic table of contents clearly is aware of different sections (they are automatically numbered and added to it), so why isn't the endnotes option?

Thanks!

Jörg
    works fine here (Office 2007).

Note that sections do not show up in the table of contents, but headings with different styles do. I think that's where your problem is. Section breaks can be inserted through 'page layout' -> 'page setup' -> 'breaks' and select one of the breaks under 'section breaks'.

You might want to install 'search commands'; really useful for these situations where you want to list all commands with a certain keyword (e.g. 'sections').

Comment

Thanks, it was indeed the section break (or rather lack thereof) that caused it.
      The help I found was to insert a section break, but it listed it in the ribbon as under "insert"...

All working just fine now!
      Thanks,

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
      X