configuring IIS7.5 and DNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• configuring IIS7.5 and DNN

Sorry if this is dumb. IIS6 was easy. 7.5 has me scratching my head.

I've set up a brand new server, 2008R2 (which is IIS7.5) and installed Dot Net Nuke. That was quite a challenge due to the permissions issues.

Anyway, I now have an installation I can acess via localhost/dotnetnuke. Trouble is I cannot access that over the internet. I have a domain pointing at the IP of the server, and that shows me the IIS7 fancy graphic, but adding /dotnetnuke to the address means the server fails to respond.

DNN is set as an application as per the pic.

Any tips?

Thanks

T.
    Attached Files
    FT.

Have you created a site for dotnetnuke? What user is it's application pool running? Does the site have a virtual folder? What login method role services or features have you installed for IIS (you will need basic authentication). Have you turned on any of the login methods for the site?

Comment

Hi. It's been a couple of weeks since I did this, but:

I followed the prescribed method for setting up the site. It's running in the DefaultAppPool, which I set to use .net 4 and load-profile. I assigned the IIS AppPoool\DefaultAppPool special user the relevant permissions on the folder. The folder was C:\inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke. I am using basic authetication. Not sure what you mean by the last question.

Thanks,

T.
      FT.

Comment

Let's say you want to use windows domain authentication on some site in IIS, in that case you need to add role/feature for windows authentication and enable it on the site.

Also try:
        - Experimenting with running app pool under different versions of dot net.
        - In App pool settings there is an advanced option for allowing or disallowing 32-bit applications (running app pool in 64 or 32-bit mode) - set it to 32-bit

Comment

Have you run the DNN install page?
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
          X