Hey, Murcers! You're slipping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Murcers! You're slipping!

Usually, when the Nobel Peace Prize is won, there are mountains of negative comments. Not a whisper this year! Ya goin' soft or summat?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Many murcers don't seem inclined to comment on much at all these days
    FT.

Comment

on that note, in 17 days, for the first time in 11 years, I will be able to watch the news in my native Australian
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Then I wish you luck, and look forward to much commenting
        FT.

Comment

There's no problem with this years winner, and may China choke on the award. Better this than some self-agrandizing or neophyte politician.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
            Usually, when the Nobel Peace Prize is won, there are mountains of negative comments. Not a whisper this year! Ya goin' soft or summat?

A peace prize for whale snot?
            http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...onment-nation/

WTF?! (negative enough?)
            Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

No, I think the Norwegian Nobel Committee got it spot on this year. I love the pissing match that has come from it.

China: This will hurt our relationship!

Norway: Yawn, whatever. What are you going to do, stop flooding our nation with cheap, poorly made, non-biodegradable, toxic products? We're so scared...

You could call all the world leaders who have suddenly taken an interest in Liu Xiaobo and are demanding his release a little...nah, it's just politicians being politicians.
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                Many murcers don't seem inclined to comment on much at all these days
                True murcers are a dying breed. There are no new frequent visitors, and the current crop seems to be shrinking slowly... :-(
                Maybe it is the time of the year as well?
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
                  on that note, in 17 days, for the first time in 11 years, I will be able to watch the news in my native Australian
                  As someone who gets to do that each and every day, trust me, the novelty will wear off VERY quickly...

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                  True murcers are a dying breed. There are no new frequent visitors, and the current crop seems to be shrinking slowly... :-(
                  Maybe it is the time of the year as well?
                  Then there are those of us that visit every day (when at home) but rarely say anything...
                  ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

I pretty much know how most here will comment a political story and political debates usually don't go anywhere or change opinions much and sometimes end up badly. So I pretty much stopped commenting on politics, also I'm a lot more busy lately than I was before.

Though I must say, I now understand some points of view different from mine better than before.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
                      I pretty much know how most here will comment a political story and political debates usually don't go anywhere or change opinions much and sometimes end up badly. So I pretty much stopped commenting on politics, also I'm a lot more busy lately than I was before.

Though I must say, I now understand some points of view different from mine better than before.
                      Most of us have been around for so long we're like old married couples. We already know how people will respond so we just sit in our rocking chairs and say "yup".
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yup.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                          Most of us have been around for so long we're like old married couples. We already know how people will respond so we just sit in our rocking chairs and say "yup".
                          Hey you damn kids, get the hell off my lawn
                          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Legalise pot!
                            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Vegetable rights and Peace, man!
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X