"Black Swan"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Black Swan"

Black Swan as in the Black Swan character in the ballet Swan Lake.

Ran across the trailer for this Natalie Portman/Mila Kunis film today. Done by Darren Aronofsky, the director who did The Wrestler, Requiem for a Dream and one of my favorites, Pi, so it looked intriguing.

It starts out as a ballet flick with her character in competition with a new dancer; standard chick fare, right? Wrong! This puppy turns DARK, and by the end of the trailer you wonder where in Hell (literally) this film is headed.

Might just take a chance on this one.

Trailer link....

Opens: Dec 1, 2010

Rating: R - for strong sexual content, disturbing imagery, drugs and language

Synopsis:Nina (Portman) is a ballerina in a New York City ballet company whose life, like all those in her profession, is completely consumed with dance. Nina has competition: a new dancer, Lily (Kunis), who impresses the dance director as well. Swan Lake requires a dancer who can play both the White Swan with innocence and grace, and the Black Swan, who represents guile and sensuality. Nina fits the White Swan role perfectly but Lily is the personification of the Black Swan. As the two young dancers expand their rivalry into a twisted friendship, Nina begins to get more in touch with her dark side - a recklessness that threatens to destroy her.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 September 2010, 13:11.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Just saw this movie a few days ago. WOW! I had fairly low expectations of this film but it turns out to be one of my favorite movies ever. I knew nothing about the plot going into it, just heard about it here and there.

I'm curious to see what you guys thought?
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

It's way up on my list too - damned near pegging the needle on the psycho-drama Weird-S**t-O-Meter.

I've been a fan of Natalie Portman since she stole the film in Luc Besson's Leon: The Professional as a 12 year old - not easy to do in a film where Gary Oldmen is eating the scenery

She's had one helluva career so far, and her Best Actress Oscar for Black Swan is just the start.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 April 2011, 18:02.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X