How time flies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How time flies

It occurred to me that some of us had been members of MURC since 1996 or earlier. That's over 14 years!!

Keep on MURC'n folks!

Long as there is a MURC this is "home base."

Still have a MURC fob on my keys
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Long Live MURC !!!!!!!!!!!
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I thought I was a member for much longer, but the earliest mail I have from murc is 2001... It located the forums at matroxusers.com... where are those days...
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Somewhere around here I have a lot of the old matroxusers saved to disk just before it shut down. Have to hunt for it....

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 September 2010, 08:40.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I have that fob too. Good old GT40!

I still remember just how much courage it took to make my first post on here, which was my first anywhere on the net.
            FT.

Comment

Wow, I've been registered since 2002 and I'm very junior compared to some other members. I was using a G200 in 1998 and G400 in 1999. Only started posting here in 2002 when all the Parhelia rumours started appearing.

I'm still running Millennium PCI in my personal Win2003 server in a case which once housed my Parhelia workstation with a Powered by Matrox sticker.
              Last edited by UtwigMU; 13 September 2010, 12:01.

Comment

I started with a Mystique-based Rainbow Runner Studio on matroxusers, my first Windows editing rig post-Amiga Video Toaster (I still have 2.) IIRC I actually joined much earlier than 2001 but a server problem cost me at least a couple years "seniority."
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I read matroxusers.com for years before I discovered the forums.. I think I had a G400 when I joined, but had started out with a Matrox milennium back in 1995 ( I think that was when I had it )
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Mystique. Two Milleniums in a dual PPro machine at work somewhat later. I actually joined Murc to find out if I could run Red Alert on one screen and have a windows desktop on the other with a G400 Max. Neveractually got another Matrox product LOL. Must've been, 98/99ish? Found the soapbox (wasn;t it called that?) quite some time after I joined, so first post there less three years or so mustve been my join date.

I still have to keyfob but did not give it the recommended treatment at the time so it ain't shiny.
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Uhm, I must have a warped memory. March 2001?? Don;t understand.
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Mystique here too, wouldn't play nice with my FIC VA-503+ motherboard and I came here looking for help.
                        That was about 1998 I think.

I think of MURC now as a sort of running Friday night poker game with my buds.
                        But updated for the internet: unconstrained by time and space.
                        In fact, if I wasn't at work I'd pop open a brew to celebrate.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Marvel G200 & G400. Still running the G400 on my win98 box, still use it to record video now and then. Saves to a mapped network drive without any problems.

I sometimes wonder if we should think of a new parent phrase for the Murc acronym. Any suggestions?

Kevin

Comment

I'm sure i was on here before 2000, just couldn't remember my ID and password, I got my g400 in '99 and had it on the beta of whistler and had great fun with midtown madness

Good old days of uni and a 10mbs link in my room back then.....

edit : Matrox Users R Cool

edit2: I still have a Matrox Genesis. and the venerable G400Max.
                            Last edited by Evildead666; 13 September 2010, 15:26.
                            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

my g400 max is still going strong on my media pc set up for the treadmill-tv.
                              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
                              X