boot from scsi cdrom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boot from scsi cdrom

i have a adaptec 2930u2 scsi controller and a plextor cdrom...
    when i live a booteable cd inside the cdrom and the "boot from cd option" in the scsi bios is enable it changes (in theory) the floppy from letter a: to b:...
    but when windows boots there's only one floppy and when i try to access to it , the windows hangs (and the light of the cdrom turn on)....

the same hapens when i try to install windows...i start with the cd...it copyes all the files, and when it boots and start checking the hardware it hangs trying to access the floppy...

i changed all the settings in the scsi bios and i couldn't find a fix...the same hapens with windows 2000...but in dos all work well..all the drives work incuding the floppy (as b

does sombody knows how to fix this without disableing "the boot from cdrom"?

Had this happen to me before. Don't know if this is the easiest way, but it worked. Boot with your SCSI CD and copy the install folders to your hard drive. Reboot and boot up with a floppy. Install the OS from the hard drive.

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Like Jammrock said...

Guyv
      Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
      - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
      - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
      - 6.1 Digital Audio
      - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
      - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
      - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
      - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
      - LS120 IDE Floppy
      - Zip 100 IDE
      - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
      - NEC FE950
      - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Working...
      X