Audio cleanup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio cleanup?

Yesterday a colleague took a bunch of video at our local Children's Hosptial (we are trying to raise money towards a new dual operating theatre).

Before going we did a test with our Sanyo HD2000 and a lapel mic. This worked ok but was a bit quiet. So she found the setting for 'external mic volume' and upped it from 3 to 4 out of 5. Sadly we didn't do another test and after filming she found the sound to be distorted.

What's a good approach to cleaning it up, if any?

I have available CS5 Master Suite (but my 64-bit Windows 7 box is playing up so I have to fix that first) and Pinnacle Studio 12 (will need reinstalling as the HDD it is on was last used on older hardware).

Thanks,

T.
    FT.

ok, I've just listened to the files myself for the first time.

It goes something like "I'm Sophie, I'm mmmmmmmmm old. When I mmmmmm baby..."

in the mmmmmmmmms it becomes really muffled. I suspect the volume was a little higher than before and the camera clamped it?
    FT.

Comment

The software Audacity comes to mind for audio processing; also Virtualdub. As for the best workflow, I'm sure others could help.
      (I wonder if the digital video forum is not better suited for this question - but I don't know how many people visit that one without visiting general hardware)
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Thanks VJ. I had a play with Soundbooth CS5 and didn't find anything that gave much success.
        I've attached a few seconds from it in .aac format if anyone fancies a challenge?

Thanks

T.
        Attached Files
        FT.

Comment

Working...
        X