Return of the Windows 7 Family Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the Windows 7 Family Pack

Just for the holidays starting Oct 3 in the US and Oct 22 elsewhere.

From the MS store and selected retailers.

Link....

$150 Windows 7 Family Pack returns -- for a limited time

Many were sad to see Microsoft ditch the Windows 7 Family Pack right in the middle of the 2009 holiday shopping season. Well, Windows fans can rejoice because Microsoft has brought back Family Pack to celebrate Windows 7's one-year anniversary.

As many of you already know, Windows 7 Family Pack gives you three licensed upgrades of Windows 7 Home Premium for just $149.99 instead of $119.99 for each license. According to Microsoft's Ashely Brown, Family Pack will be available from the Microsoft Store and authorized retailers beginning on October 3 in the United States.

Those outside of the U.S. (Canada, UK, Germany, France, Australia) will have to wait until October 22 to get the Family Pack.

Unfortunately, just like before, the availability of the Windows 7 Family Pack won't be a long-term offering -- Microsoft says that the offer is "while supplies last".
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Pity they don't bring out a Office 2010 Family Pack for the same price. The one with Outlook in the pack, but that would be giving the suckers a break..
    paulw

Comment

Ah, but they do. Office 2010 Home and Student, retail disc version, can legally be installed on up to 3 computers. No special packs, that's just the EULA for that edition.

12. HOME AND STUDENT SOFTWARE. For software marked “Home and Student”
      edition, you may install one copy of the software on up to three licensed
      devices in your household for use by people for whom that is their
      primary residence. The software may not be used for commercial, nonprofit,
      or revenue-generating activities.
      You can get it online for about $120.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yes but H&S doesn't include Outlook which is what I want as a part of Office 2010. I've been using the beta since it came out and it expires on Oct 31. I don't fancy paying up to $NZ499 which is what most retailers want for it here. Yes the H&S version is available here quite cheap and for obvious reasons. M$ seems now to place a premium for Outlook in their Office suites compared to Office 2003 Home version that had outlook and also had an upgrade version and could be bought for $NZ199. Sure not going to try Office 2007. We have it at work and hate it..
        paulw

Comment

Yes but H&S doesn't include Outlook which is what I want as a part of Office 2010. I've been using the beta since it came out and it expires on Oct 31. I don't fancy paying up to $NZ499 which is what most retailers want for it here. Yes the H&S version is available here quite cheap and for obvious reasons. M$ seems now to place a premium for Outlook in their Office suites compared to Office 2003 Home version that had outlook and also had an upgrade version and could be bought for $NZ199. Sure not going to try Office 2007. We have it at work and hate it..
          paulw

Comment

Working...
          X