Warner does a "Sandman" series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warner does a "Sandman" series

Warner Bros. TV has green-lit a series based on the Vertigo comic Sandman, a very ambitious project.

Sandman focuses on the character of Dream and his brothers and sisters known as The Endless; Death, Desire, Despair, Delirium, Destruction and Destiny.

Dream, also known as Morpheus or The Master (or Lord) of Dreams, is an immortal billions of years old who was captured using a spell and held prisoner for 70 years. After his escape he finds his domain in disrepair and sets about setting things right. At first he's a very egotistical and harsh character, but over the span of the series he changes in many ways.

A rather good read. Should be an interesting series done right, and it'll have a good shot as the producers of Supernatural look to be getting the job.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 September 2010, 08:03.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

If i remember correctly from trying to read this, they should film it in infrared and then rotoscope it a la a scanner darkly to really convey the feeling you get when trying to read it.

While I'm not for a second condemning the writing (hey for all i know it might be great) it wont work if the readers eyes puke.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

A bit of artwork from Sandman....

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 September 2010, 17:24.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X