Micron PC133 CAS2, READ!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micron PC133 CAS2, READ!!

I posted here a while ago asking about micron cas2 pc133 memory I purchased from Memory Shippers in SanFrancisco, CA.

Here is an update. PC133 Cas2 must have a speed rating of 7ns or better. So... if you buy CAS2 PC133 memory with micron chips that has a 7.5ns rating or slower, it aint cas2.

this has been confirmed by micron over the phone and by their web page.

I've returned mine demanding a full refund, and have been verbally abused by the retailer.

I've sent him documentation showing the problem, and have forwarded everything to the State's attorney generals of both michigan and california.

man am I pissed!
    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

HA! I got you beat. I had a power supply take out $1000 worth of computer equipment and they are only comping me for my power supply and motherboard.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

btw, ordered myself a replacement for this, but directly from crucial (microns retail arm). I can highly recommend them. they are easy to deal with, their prices are very reasonable, and shipping is cheap ($10us for next day by 4:30). Plus, you know they are quality.

Only problem, they don't have any cas2 modules available. I had to order the cas3. Oh well, at least it will be what they say it is .
      System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

If not today, early next week. I was contacted about it being available, by Crucial. I had an order for the previus 7ns PC133 from them, but they ran out before mine was filled. So I might have gotten a little prefurential treatment, but it won't be long.
        Are you on the mailing list to be notifies when it's available?

Mark F.

------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
        and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
        --------------------------------------------------
        and burped out a movie

Comment

They are takeing orders now!

Mark F.

------------------
          and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
          --------------------------------------------------
          and burped out a movie

Comment

Working...
          X