Judge Dredd reboot: hard, mean and a great crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge Dredd reboot: hard, mean and a great crew

Judge Dredd is a law enforcement officer in a violent US city where uniformed Judges combine the powers of police, judge, jury and executioner. They are empowered to arrest, sentence and even execute criminals on the spot.

Director Pete Travis (Vantage Point) will begin shooting Judge Dredd in Johannesburg, South Africa later this year with the same crew who made Neill Blomkamp's District 9. Release is set for 2012.

Judge Dredd: Karl Urban (Star Trek's "Bones" McCoy)

Producer Andrew MacDonald said this at ComiCon:

The main thing about Dredd is that it’s a fantastic comic that was completely messed up 20 years ago. Our idea is to make a very hard, R-rated, gritty, realistic movie of Dredd in Megacity, so we’ve got to get the tone right. He’s not going to take off his helmet. His bike is going to feel real. He’s going to hit people and it’s going to feel real. There’s been a change in comic-book movies; they were treated unseriously and now they’re treated seriously.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 August 2010, 19:28.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Hmmm.
    A great fan of Dredd.

The first movie wasn't dung, but it wasn't great. Rico was good.

District 9 was an amazing film, lets hope they can do justice to Dredd.

Can't see Karl Urban having the chin needed...maybe filmed from an angle...
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
      District 9 was an amazing film, lets hope they can do justice to Dredd..
      District 9 was an amazing movie?!?!?!?!? I'll reply in a bit after I stop laughing

Comment

District 9 was good but I wouldn't call it amazing. It certainly was a interesting concept, the execution wasn't the best.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
          District 9 was an amazing movie?!?!?!?!? I'll reply in a bit after I stop laughing
          I thoroughly enjoyed it. With the amount of Crap being lobbed from Hollywood, I was very surprised of how good the film was, in its story to the execution.

Some of the Acting was pretty iffy, but i haven't seen that many south african films.
          Their budget wasn't big, but it was P.Jackson studios doing the special effects iirc.

Each to their own i guess.

edit : And for once imdb seems to agree it was a good film, the comments also. A lot of people seem to have enjoyed it.
          Last edited by Evildead666; 15 August 2010, 03:50.
          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

He’s not going to take off his helmet.
            that is usually THE most annoying thing in comicbook movies, if the character in the comics NEVER removes his mask/helmet/whatever, you can bet he'll do it in the movie
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Karl Urban as Dredd -

Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X