ASUS 715 - G400max ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS 715 - G400max ok?

I'm looking at purchasing a system with a Athlon-700, ASUS 715 K7M chipset & a G400 Max Dualhead.

Is this a good combo or should I use the a Gforce DDR instead.

This will be a business system used primarily for Office, photoshop & freehand using win98. (plus running seti when no one is looking!) The system will also be used to drive a matrix projector and SmartBoard.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Actually a stupid question since this is a Matrox forum, but for the things you gonna use your computer for I'd wholeheartedly recommend a g400. A GeForce will definitely not help you gain any kind of performance that is not 3D related.

BTW what is the ASUS 715 K7M chipset

Comment

"BTW what is the ASUS 715 K7M chipset" - this is what was on the spec sheet of the pc.

Isn't this the General Hardware forum, and isn't this a general hardware question involving matrox hardware?

Comment

Definately go for the G400. And yes, this is a general hardware forum, I don't understand what gengi meant.

Comment

Well, the thing is that most people here would probably be biased favoring Matrox. That's why I think you might want to post a similar question on a different site.

Its AMD 751 chipset, and the motherboard made by ASUS is called K7M.
          As an AMD freak i found the statement kinda funny, I just figured out that all people ain't übergeeks like myself that actually have all the technical specs in their heads. Sorry if I came off rude.

Comment

Ok gengi,

I was just asking the people in the group what their thoughts were on this combination as I haven't used an athlon with a g400 before.

I have rechecked the company web site and the page states "715" not "751" as you have pointed out. I will contact the company and inform them that the page may be incorrect.
            Their quote, which I received later, states a M7MKA motherboard.

I am more of a network and server freak than pcs and carry those around in my head!

Thanks for your info.
            Breezer.

(This'll now mean breezer can start processing those seti units again and hope to keep his third place.)

Comment

Working...
            X