X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st cataract op.

Scheduled for 26 Aug.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Fixed focus, multi-focal or adaptive? Most folks I know that got multi-focal wish they hadn't.

That said; no worries mate - it's a breeze if your doc is good. Rest up, plan for 1-2 down days and don't push things after.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 31 July 2010, 07:08.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Fixed focus on infinity + varifocal glasses. Too old and too poor for adaptive! In any case, there is a risk of IFIS because of the GCA medication and this could make the op much more difficult if it happened with adaptive lens. The doc says the risk is small as I have a good, mobile iris that can open to >6 mm which makes the extraction of the old lens possible without ultrasound and little chance of it falling back into the humour, as could happen if the iris were floppy.

Comment

Given that then fixed + glasses is the better choice. You're in for a shock when the post-op shield comes off
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

this has been put off from tomorrow, probably for a month or so, because I have two nasty viral conjunctivitis, which are extremely painful. This is one of the occasions when I say three cheers for my dictation system, as I can hardly read the screen.

Comment

Sorry to hear it has been postponed...

I know that my grandmother cataract operation really made her life much more comfortable, so as Doc says: you will be in for a surprise!
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
            X