Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving fast is not always a good idea. Accident Photos (No blood, just the car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving fast is not always a good idea. Accident Photos (No blood, just the car)

this happenned outside work last thursday, on the three lane road, which is limited to 50Km/h.

the car was doing over 100Km/h apparently, and the road is very very uneven and bumpy from all the trucks that use it, and even at 50 its not what anyone would call comfortable.

This sort of thing seems to happen quite frequently on this road, this is the 3rd I have come across personally in 2 years...

4 Pics are what is left of the Volvo S80....
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

How many more accidents will it take to fix that road to prevent this or at least lower the accident rate?

Man...there's nothing left of that car, looks like a Volvo?

Comment

Yup, was a Volvo S80 apparently, not that you'd notice any more....

There were 4 people onboard, the two front people died on impact, and the rear left is in critical condition.
      The rear right passenger got off with minor injuries.

From what was explained to me, the car was bombing it down the middle lane, and a cement truck was waiting in the middle lane also.
      He ran right into the back of it doing over 100....hit a lamp post, and spun off into a tree.
      It looks like he left the engine and part of the front in the road, and hit the tree with not engine etc....not good.
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I serously doubt that any any improvement to the road surface would have prevented the accident
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
        X