Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Red Wing/Blackhawk Bob Probert dead @45

Given the hockey fans here....

Bob Probert and Joe Kocur were Detroit's "Bruise Brothers" back in the day. Great fun to watch a fight and sometimes have a hockey game break out

Detroit News article.....

Former Wings star Bob Probert dead at 45

Ted Kulfan / The Detroit News

Former Red Wings star forward Bob Probert is dead at 45 after collapsing on a boat Monday in Lake St. Clair.

Emergency crews performed CPR on the former Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks forward and transported him to Windsor Regional Hospital, according to reports.

Probert, 45, spent nine seasons with the Red Wings and seven with the Blackhawks.

"It's a tragic loss," Wings general manager Ken Holland said. "I don't know any details yet so I don't want to say too much. But any time someone passes at age 45, it's a tragic loss."

One of the most feared fighters in the league, Probert accumulated 3,300 penalty minutes with 163 goals and 384 points and played in 1988 All-Star Game.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 July 2010, 16:00.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Just heard about this a few hours ago. Wow

Some of his Domi fights were epic.

Wonder what happened...
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Latest is that he had a heart attack.

Not really surprising given that his dad, a Windsor Ont. cop, died of one at just 41.

Bad genes.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 July 2010, 10:53.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X