web site question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web site question...

Ok, this is stupid... I like reading the site gizmodo, and always used the url http://us.gizmodo.com
    For some reason, it now forwards me to the Polish site. I can get some other localized versions (French or Brasilian), but then English version always seems to revert back to the Polish version. Is there a way (outside of using a proxy server) to be able to visit the sit I want?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

assuming your using FF
    make sure you have the language priorities set correctly in the settings
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

It started occuring yesterday, both on FF and IE. And both at my office and at home...
      Language settings are set to English...
      pixar

Comment

then they have just turned on code to be friendly and helpful.
        I have similar problems with some sites here, usually its fixed by changing the language order preferences in IE and FF though.

fallback is force a useragent string for english with an addon, beyond that, they are looking at your ip/provider and going - ooooh you want polish. whine loudly to their support line at that point
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I suspect something is not working right then on their end: there are language links, and while some work and take me away from Polish, others don't...
          I had similar problems on other sites that don't offer language links, and just wanted to use this as an opportunity to find out if there is much I can do...

Thanks for the help!
          pixar

Comment

I had similar problem for a different site, only way I could sort it was clear the cache,cookies and then reload the browser(using firefox)

Using the select region from the main site after clearing cookies etc has also worked on a few hardware sites as well (asus, gigabyte etc)

Comment

Yes, but it doesn't help here... Weird thing is that the other language links all work, so I suspect they made some error in the links to the English lanugage version.
              pixar

Comment

Write to their support.

Comment

Working...
                X