Diet & diabetes success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet & diabetes success!

I have lost 35 lbs since I got out of the hospital a few weeks ago and I'm still dropping.

The insulin (time-release in the morning and a small dose of fast-acting with major meals) and a high protein diet seem to be working extremely well as the pounds are just melting off with no starvation at all - if anything I'm eating a bit more than before but in 6 meals vs. 4.

Fasting blood sugar this morning was 96 and my avg. for the week is 112, and both are dropping every week. Strength is up, endurance is up (within the limits of my healing foots limitation) etc.

I had gotten in trouble mostly because the oral meds had stopped working well on my type 2, opening me up to that infection. I wish they had put me on insulin years ago as it works so much better without the side effects, which were becoming a problem.

Dr. and the diabetes nurse say at the rate I'm going it's very possible the small meal doses of insulin can be dropped soon and I'll just take the morning time-release dose and the fast-acting with occasional, and frequently unavoidable, high-carb/holiday meals.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 7 June 2010, 07:17.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Great news.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
    X