The pit of DOOM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pit of DOOM!

Surprised someone hasn't linked to this already...

The 30m-diameter sinkhole opened up in a northern district of Guatemala City, with residents blaming the rains and substandard drainage systems. Local reports said one man was killed when the building was swallowed. In 2007, three people died when a similar sinkhole appeared in the same area.
    Hundreds dead as torrential rain sweeps Central America. Sinkhole in Guatemala swallows three-storey building

New images are coming onto the web as well as videos.

Google 'Guatemala sinkhole'
    Last edited by mmp121; 1 June 2010, 10:33. Reason: Reworked sentence...
    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Better watch for more holes and any signs of the Silver Surfer
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

He who controls the Spice controls the Universe!

Ahem.

The Geography of the area, as well as a poorly engineered/ built sewer system is what causes these... it usually takes years for these issues to manifest themselves.

I stayed just a few blocks from this latest one: fortunately it was in 2008, but when they get that big it really doesn't matter - it's simply a matter of time.
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
      X