Detroit's Mayor Jailbird goes back to jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit's Mayor Jailbird goes back to jail

It'll be 14 months (1.5 years minus time served) before this slime can even apply for parole, and I'd bet it'll be longer than that before he gets out. It's going to take ages for the city to recover from this moron.

Detroit News.....(video of sentencing at link)

Kilpatrick gets 1.5 to 5 years in prison, loses job

Detroit -- Kwame Kilpatrick was sentenced to 18 months to five years in prison today by Wayne Circuit Judge David Groner, who said the former mayor engaged in "contemptible behavior" by hiding assets from the court in violation of his probation.

Groner chastised Kilpatrick before imposing the sentence, and several people in the courtroom gasped when the judge handed down his decision. Kilpatrick's sister, Ayanna, was told by sheriff's deputies to sit down.

"Probation is no longer an option. The terms of your earlier probation no longer apply. That ship has sailed," Groner said. "This is all because of the actions of you, Mr. Kilpatrick. You were convicted ... all because you lied under oath. That lie ... was part of a broader attempt to cover up your misdeeds while serving as mayor.

"You challenged this court's authority," Groner said. "You attempted to utilize semantics and exploit loopholes. The broader context of this issue is that your family living expenses -- including living in a million-dollar home, driving a brand new Escalade and purchasing elective surgery for your wife -- you have made it perfectly clear that it's more important to pacify your wife than comply with my orders."

Kilpatrick will get 120 days credit for time he served in 2008-09 in the Wayne County Jail. That means he will serve 14 months in a Michigan prison before he can apply for parole.

"Sergeant, can you secure the defendant, please," Groner commanded as four sheriff's deputies moved in to handcuff Kilpatrick and led him from the courtroom.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X