No announcement yet.

Oklahoma can have interesting weather.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma can have interesting weather.

Yesterday in OKC:
    This was the most insane hail storm or storm in general I have ever seen! it was may 16th 2010. Sorry about all of the oh my Gods. I was just in shock.

PS Jesse? How did you fair?

PPS We got pea sized hail at our house. There was a lot of it, but nothing like this video.
    Last edited by cjolley; 17 May 2010, 10:37. Reason: our house, not "your" house :o
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Wow, that's crazy. In high school, when I lived in KC, I came home from a track meet and found my neighborhood thrashed. A hail storm with softball sized hail and ripped the area apart. Every dealer in the area had to clear their car inventory because of the damage. Lots of good deals and lots of happy body shops and lots of unhappy insurers.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thats amazing!

The pool just goes nuts and the noise is incredible...
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

The hail didn't make it up this far luckily. I didn't even realize how bad it was until this morning while talking to some coworkers who were hit pretty hard.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

The curse "may you live in interesting times" also holds true for most anywhere in or around Tornado Alley. When hail like that hits experienced Michiganders head for cover as it very often precedes a twister.
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 May 2010, 20:27.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Seen far worse than that! Was in Munich July 11-12 1984. Caused over $1Billion damages, including several civil planes at the airport written off. I was on the Autobahn when it started; luckily I was able to shelter under a bridge before the worst. Tennis-ball sized hailstones formed a ground layer ~20 cm thick. Not a leaf left on a tree. Tens of thousands of cars totalled. Hop farms devastated. It was described as the world's historically worst hailstorm, ever, but I think China had one in the 1930s that killed hundreds.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
              ...Hop farms devastated. It was described as the world's historically worst hailstorm, ever...
              Somehow on MURC it always comes back to beer, doesn't it.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

I thought the same. with several 10.000s cars damaged, who would care for a couple of hop farms? only in Bavaria..

mfg
                w
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
                X