The Eleventh Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eleventh Doctor

I've watched the first 3 episodes with the eleventh Doctor. I have mixed feelings about him, but then it would be hard for anyone to take over after David Tennat's tenth Doctor.

I dunno what to say. Sometimes I think he's brilliant, other times he's kind of boring. Part of that may be because Russell T. Davies has moved on though. I'll keep watching but so far I'm not overly impressed.

How is the new Doctor being received elsewhere?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

So far all that I have seen of him is his introduction in the last Tennant episode. Waiting for more opinions to come in before I start watching.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Don't like him.
      Or maybe it's the writing this season.
      Or a combination.
      Whatever it is, I aint watchin. Lost me after the first show and a half.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I think it's mostly the writing personally. Matt Smith seems like a capable actor, though a tad too goofy looking, imo.

Comment

I've watched the first 4 eps now. After ep 2 I wasn't sure as to whether I was going to like it as it seemed to be aimed at 12 years olds but it is getting better.
          paulw

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
            ....Matt Smith seems like a capable actor, though a tad too goofy looking, imo.
            And 4th Doctor Tom Baker wasn't?

Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I have only seen one episode with him (the first of the last season), and it looked ok...

Still, I really liked Tennant as the doctor...
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

i have a hard time focusing on Matt Smith... it's all Karen Gilan's fault.

actually, i think he's doing fairly well.
                /meow
                Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                Asus Striker ][
                8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                  And 4th Doctor Tom Baker wasn't?

Eccentric goofy and silly goofy are two very different things.

Karen Gillan is rather distracting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                    Eccentric goofy and silly goofy are two very different things.

Karen Gillan is rather distracting.
                    Sure is. A bit like La La Ward was with Baker..
                    paulw

Comment

I think its the writing. The latest ep was a 2-parter with the angels. There were moments in there when we cringed.

But generally he's better than we were expecting.

Yep, she can arouse thoughts one doesn't need during an ep of DW.
                      Mind you, billie piper, some of the work she has done...
                      FT.

Comment

Series 1 of the 11th doctor is over. Impressions?

Matt Smith's 11th doctor is good. Not Tennant good, but then...who was? The only thing he really misses to be a great Doctor is a ... ....... vengefully arrogant look. His face just isn't made for it. Tennant and Eccleston could do that look, where he could realistically stop an enemy dead in their tracks from a look, and not just a stylish monologue. Smith can't do it. He tries, but he misses. He's plenty goofy though, and curious, and plays a mad man quite well. No complaints about his acting overall.

Karen Gillan... still hot. She can act too. Nothing award winning, but oh well.

The writing got a lot better in later episodes. The last three episode especially were very well done. I think series two could be quite good.

But then rumors are already surfacing that Matt Smith doesn't want to play the Doctor past the second series...

The realm of sci-fi series is a galaxy of intellectual riches, offering insightful perspectives on our present through the lens of the future. From 'Star Trek's' optimistic envisioning of humanity's potential, through 'Stargate SG-1's' portrayal of our first steps into the wider universe, to 'Battlestar Galactica's' sobering exploration of survival and identity, and 'Fringe's' dive into the uncharted territories of science and consciousness, and finally to 'The Expanse's' intricate portrayal of a colonized solar system, these series have shown us futures that thrill, terrify, and inspire in equal measure. They prompt us to question our understanding of society, technology, and our place in the cosmos. Whether you are a veteran sci-fi fan or a newcomer to the genre, these shows offer a starlit path into the imaginative expanse of science fiction, reminding us that the journey through the cosmos is as much about understanding ourselves as it is about exploring the unknown.

Maybe Hollywood can steal Karen Gillan instead

Comment

Working...
                        X