Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing bios on be6 II mobo

Okay.

First you need to run the file that ends with exe. TO do this just start up in dos using your newly formatted (copy system files only) floppy. Type in the name of the exe file and the computer will run it.

Next you will need to run the abitfae program with the newly created bin file as the second half of the command. In your case you should put:

abitfae beh_qj.bin

wait for the thing to do it's thing and then reboot. Don't reboot until it says. There are extensive instructions on the abt website telling you exactly what to do so print them off and use them as a guide.

Don't blame me if it gos bang though eh?
    1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
    Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
    Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Thanks i will give it a go

Comment

Oh no got another problem now.
      After executing the behqj.exe file at the A:,it starts to do it's stuff.
      Then i get a message saying there is a broken file.
      followed by the A:
      So i quit and downloaded the files again with the same results.
      Any ideas on how to proceed ?

Comment

Flashing bios on be6 II mobo

Hi there, i hope someone can help me out with this.
        I have never done this before.
        I have got as far as downloading the new bios
        called BEHQJ.EXE and the AWDFLASH.EXE and the ABITFAE.BAT.
        I have put theese on to a newly formatted floppy.
        Then i reboot in to dos.
        And log on to a:
        This is as far as i can get succesfully.
        I dont understand what the instructions mean by "execute the exe file to be a BIN file"
        Or the next part of typing it tells me to do,
        which is just type ABITFAE ***_**.BIN where (*) is the bin file
        How do i know what the bin file is ?
        There example is bh6_jj.bin.
        Would mine be BE6 or BE6II but then i dont know what i put in place of the JJ.
        Sorry if this a bit long winded or confusing.
        But as you can see i need sorting out
        I know the principle of how to do it.
        Its the commands and when and where to type them and what to type i am not sure of.
        So if you can help me out that would be fantastic.
        Gorf

Comment

Hello Gorf ! Try to download the Bios files from a another server ! I had the same problem with the european one !

Comment

Indeed, the file on the european server is not good, it's only half. Get it from the american server, that one is good.

Comment

Thank's guys i will give that a go

Comment

Great news all systems are Go !!!
                Thanks very much to you all.
                Without your help i would have got nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                X