dvd to blu ray upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd to blu ray upgrades

The deal allows you to exchange the dvd version for blu-ray version for select warner bros movies for a nominal upgrade fee

Home of Warner Bros Movies, TV Shows and Video Games including Harry Potter, DC Comics and more!

A few more details and list of current titles

Here are the top technology stories of the day. Learn about cool new products and technologies and get important updates about things you own. | Tom's Guide

It seem to be only for people in USA though

you actually thought you could beat Dr. M with this sort of stuff? :P

but were downloads/Apple TV not supposed to replace the need for blu ray in the first place?
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

partially, but not for 3D - and we just got Sony's new 3D-BR player, which also does Netflix, YouTube and a s***load of other video/audio streaming. 3D plugin will autoinstall when it's ready. They can also add new channels as 'net downloadable patches. Can alsp play video/audio off USB devices (2 ports: f/r) and if you want you can plug a USB WI-FI into the rear one.

Nice box.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 May 2010, 10:49.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I was just thinking back to when Jerry jones was foreseeing the end of bluray

Comment

I too think BR will have a short life in favor of SDXC and other coming no-moving-parts storage. It's just a matter of time, and things like SDXC and spintronics will just hasten that day.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

it still has years of life left. As for downloadable content, as long as pretty much everyone here is capped at 60GB/month, downloading a 30+GB HD movie would just not be worth it.

Comment

I think Blu-ray will live for another 8 years at least.

Comment

Samsung has estimated 5 years as a distribution format, to be replaced by streaming, download (remember the FCC's recent pronouncements on net neutrality) and solid storage. As a disc based mass storage format, that's another matter.

The real question is how long before the market decides to get rid of one of the few remaining moving computer parts other than fans? I say Samsung is correct: sooner than later. Too many failure modes.
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 May 2010, 00:05.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                X