Fun test of color discrimination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun test of color discrimination

X-Rite's online color challenge and hue test is a free tetrachromatic test that allows you to test your color accuracy and color vision.

best score is 0

i got at 39 - not bad, not great for the 50+ eyes

The old Munsell 100-hue colour test. I don't stand a chance when doing it for real, let alone when hampered by technology
    FT.

Comment

16 here @ 49 Years old ....................guess its time for a better LCD then
      Lawrence

Comment

I got a score of 3 and I knew which 3 put me off, it seemed to me the intenisty or something was a bit odd on some of them.

not bad for 40+ but I think my trusty old premo CRT may have helped.

Comment

15, but my eyes wher going buggy by the end.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

8 here
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I got a 17 and that's my lucky number

I tried again and the best I could do was 15
              Last edited by SitFlyer; 9 May 2010, 10:54.

Comment

Out of curiosity what monitors did you guys use to view the test.

I am using a mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070 sb (superbright diamondtron, CRT) using its sRGB color profile. As I recall its 7+ years old

I would think anyone using TN screen could take their test results with a pinch of salt

Comment

Your score: 11
                  Age range: 50-59
                  Best score for your gender and age range: 0
                  Highest score for your gender and age range: 1272

DELL 2709W
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

My score 15 @ 42 years old

I guess I fared pretty good!

Comment

I just tried the top line of the 3 on my projector, and I swapped 2x2 squares in the center... So not bad for using a (still) uncalibrated projector on a wall surface...

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Perfect 0 on my IPS T42p. This reminds me of assignment from university, where we had to take a copy of a picture by painter of choice, divide it into squares (mine were 7x7mm), draw squares in same size on paper and make a viewfinder with square hole. Then you would expose one square and paint the predominant hue from it on the grid by mixing colours yourself. Kind of manual pixelize.

If you looked at original and pixelized student painting from a distance on a well done exercise, the pictures looked the same.

Edit: also I've been up for 28 hours without sleep (deadlines....) and I had a glass of wine with my landlord half an hour before taking the test when I went to pay the rent.
                        Last edited by UtwigMU; 10 May 2010, 11:27.

Comment

I got 15 on a HP Crt.

Comment

29.. I think I should try harder .. though I am sure I can blame the LCD monitor too to an extend.
                            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

The way I did it was after getting them roughly in order I swapped each adjacent squares and compared which fits better to correct for any initial mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X