Big bad sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big bad sword

You might think you can't live without your phone and laptop, but back when men were men and things made sense, a big fucking sword was all you needed. These days, however, swords are strictly for weirdos. [ColdSteel via Geekologie]
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

I must admit I never thought of using my sword for cutting ribs.. and piercing balloons

and it is "only" $549.99
    Swords, Axes, Machetes and The Coolest Knives For Sale From The Leader in Tactical Weapons and Gear
    Last edited by Tjalfe; 7 May 2010, 10:52.
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Two things come to mind. The sword Ice from A Song of Ice and Fire (George R.R. Martin) and Deadliest Warrior on Spike. They measured the lethality of a Scottish claymore on one ep (William Wallace vs Shaka Zulu) and it was brutal. Big swords = lots of damage. If you can dodge the bullets to get close enough.

Television's destination for premium entertainment and storytelling, with original scripted and non-scripted series
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm actually buying a katana (Shinken) for cutting mats and stuff. An art called Tameshigiri.

I've done it about 6 times, and really love the art.

Elie

Comment

Just 1055 Carbon Steel, they don't seem to do any of the tricks that proper "premium" swords use.

Eg cold folding, hardening with nitrides...etc

Its a toy

Comment

Working...
          X