Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colours in Excel 2007 (rant?! / help)

OK, I'm going friggin' nuts here.

I never did want to migrate from Office 2003 to 2007 but I simply had to this time. So I get my standard template open in 2007 now and to my agony, I can not use the same colour coding for cells anymore as M$ decided to do something called "themes" which causes all standard colours to be ****ed up.

I've tried to find help already but no luck so far. Anyone here accidently know how to get the standard 2003 colours for fills easy usable in 2007? PLEASE?!?

I'd soooo much like to punch the genius who cocked this up in tha face.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Can't you make a theme that matches the old colours?
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Any idea how much work that is? And as far as I understand now, in 2007 you can have 7 colours and it'll present them in all kinds of shades.... not 57 independent ones...
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I'm running 2010 for a couple of months now. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
          I'm running 2010 for a couple of months now. :-)
          that will have 9 colours that don't map from 2007 nor 2003

Comment

What about...

having the default file type as an older version of excel?

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
              Any idea how much work that is? And as far as I understand now, in 2007 you can have 7 colours and it'll present them in all kinds of shades.... not 57 independent ones...
              I didn't know... it was just the first thing that popped in my mind... But maybe others have made such a theme?
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
              X