Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been able to run a G400 on an MSI 6199VA motherboard ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been able to run a G400 on an MSI 6199VA motherboard ?

Ive had many sleepless nights trying to get my system up and running on this board and its been giving me hell !!!!
    I tried removing the G400 and installing my old viper V330 and it seemed to work ok , but when i install the G400 with 5.41 drivers it spits the dummy and keeps coming up with registry errors
    My system specs are
    MSI 6199VA
    550e coppermine
    Iwill slocket 2
    128m pc100
    S/B Live
    5.1g quantum fireball
    US Robotics winmodem

I have set the bios to default and the bios recognises the chip but keeps coming up with registry errors when i install the video card drivers and soundcard drivers
    Im going nuts .......have i got a dud m/b ?

I can only offer this and it may not be relevant. About five hours ago I was at my elder brother's workplace trying to sort out a Compaq with a G200 which wouldn't work since upgrading the machine to win98.
    Turns out that the problem was with the processor to pci(with GART support) bridge was autodetected in a memory address that conflicted with the pci to agp motherboard resource. The solution was to move the former to another address.
    Hope that helps
    Of course you should make sure that you completely uninstall all video drivers before rebooting in safe made, deleting any video adapters in device manager, reboot, install pci vga adapter, run powerdesk 5.41 setup.

[This message has been edited by DentyCracker (edited 12 February 2000).]
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
    X