Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpu stress test recommendations

Hello,

I'm looking for a good cpu stress test to test my dual Xeon (Prestonia, 32bit, socket 604).

The reason for this is that yesterday I got a bluescreen stating: "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval". According to Supermicro tech support (who replied to my email within an hour!), this blue screen could be the indication of a failing or defect cpu. He recommended either swapping the CPUs and even testing them individually (run the system with only one CPU present).

The blue screen occurred only once so far, but if it occurs again I need to know what steps to take. I'd like to put the system under full load with the CPUs both working hard to see if it will occur again.

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

This is the search term you're looking for:

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Yes, I searched, but there are many options and I wondered if people here have favourites...

Supermicro also replied saying that they recommend Passmark, as it allows specific hardware to be tested.
      pixar

Comment

Sorry, that's where my knowledge ends, let's hope the others know more
        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Prime95, CPUBurn

Comment

Been using OCCT lately
            Lawrence

Comment

Well, I reinstalled the OS (put back an image of before the failed update) and ran the BurnInTest on CPU and videocard... It passed without a single problem. I'll try some of the other tests in BurnInTest too (harddisks, ...) and use some of the suggested tools as well.

This weekend, I'll do the exact same things I did when the bluescreen occured (I was copying files from a dvdram to harddisk, while dialing a 3G connection on a virtual linux ), and see if it occurs again... Then it I'll update the system and test again... But so far it is looking more positive (I was really fearing a hardware issue).
              pixar

Comment

I find OCCT test be a very handy stress test as well, gpu and cpu.

Comment

Prime95 and OCCT are pretty good.
                  PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                  Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                  +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Thanks guys!
                    I reverted the system to an older configuration (basic installation with drivers) and updated from there on. Then I ran the tests, and the blue screen did not occur anymore...

So I'm more hopefull now that it was just some software glitch...
                    pixar

Comment

Working...
                    X