Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple inc, Gizmodo, iPhone 4g and the police...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple inc, Gizmodo, iPhone 4g and the police...

This is where it all started: http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone
    Continued here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1795
    This is where we are now: http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=33671

It's getting more and more interesting...
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

It is quite the geek drama. Apple is *pissed* (and not in the drunk sense) that Gizmodo refused to give the iPhone back. Though I think this is taking it a bit far. The phone is useless since it was remote killed and nothing was stolen.

At most the Gizmodo editors will get a possession of stolen property charge slapped on them, which is like a slap on the wrist. Apple just needs to laugh it off and move on. The WSJ has leaked more about the next iPhone than Gizmodo has, even with possession of the actual device.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Actually the phone was returned to Apple, this whole mess is about something that was and is now over.
      Maybe they're trying to find the 'finder' of the 'lost' phone, but no matter what way you're looking at it, it stinks heavily from Apple's side.
      a. Apple is in the steering committe of REACT (see 2nd link)
      b. Gizmodo bought a *lost* item, which as they claim, they wanted to proof of what it was claimed to be.
      c. The warrant is more than probably illegal. (see 3rd link)

The way I see it, Apple has once again shoved their foot in their mouth, though it won't change a thing and their numerous zealots will continue shelling top dollar for their overpriced stuff.
      I can only hope Google will wipe the floor with them in the HTC lawsuit and the Google-Adobe 'alliance' will do the same in the application front.

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
        Actually the phone was returned to Apple, this whole mess is about something that was and is now over.
        Maybe they're trying to find the 'finder' of the 'lost' phone, but no matter what way you're looking at it, it stinks heavily from Apple's side.
        a. Apple is in the steering committe of REACT (see 2nd link)
        b. Gizmodo bought a *lost* item, which as they claim, they wanted to proof of what it was claimed to be.
        c. The warrant is more than probably illegal. (see 3rd link)

The way I see it, Apple has once again shoved their foot in their mouth, though it won't change a thing and their numerous zealots will continue shelling top dollar for their overpriced stuff.
        I can only hope Google will wipe the floor with them in the HTC lawsuit and the Google-Adobe 'alliance' will do the same in the application front.
        I hope not! the sooner Flash dies, the better for humanity

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus View Post
          I hope not! the sooner Flash dies, the better for humanity
          Let me suggest a middle path. How about Flash kills apple and dies afterwards?

Comment

My initial thoughts was that the whole stolen iPhone thing was staged: I felt there were too many coincidences...
            - if you were to have a prototype device is highly anticipated from your work, would you take it with you and get drunk?
            - it found its way to one of the most popular technology blogs on the internet
            - the story leaked on the day that HTC announced a new model (which now nobody knows about)
            - it was no secret a new iPhone was coming and the leaked intel was very small (no real hardware specs, ...), it feels more like a teaser than anything else.
            - the numerous follow-up stories on gizmodo: why do they seem so eager to defend themselves?

The fact that the police is brought in does not make me so sure it was staged anymore though... but I still find the whole thing fishy. If it is not staged, than I have a feeling gizmodo knew what they were doing and are now just playing dumb to escape serious consequences.

That being said, I am considering replacing my phone with new iPhone: by the time it gets here, my phone will be quite old (and its battery is not good anymore)
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It could be a publicity stunt by Apple with Gizmodo as the fall guys that went a bit wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus View Post
                ....the sooner Flash dies, the better for humanity
                ___^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said!!

That out of the way, this Android ad is still cool...

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 April 2010, 15:22.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Another good quote I read was: "Bill Gates left his Microsoft Kin in a bar 1 month ago.... It is still there..."
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                  X