mythbusters Oopsie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mythbusters Oopsie

...just had me laughing REALLY hard. I know I shouldn't. But...

Can't find this on YouTube or Google, but only caught part of the show so not sure how old it is. The show included Tori water-skiing behind a cruiseliner.

From what I saw they were attempting to replicate the really old internet myth of the rocket assisted car (I think a JATO pack strapped to the roof?).

They built a ramp in the desert by cutting shipping containers diagonally, got their car's alignment all perfect, had rocket professionals mount rocket motors to the back of the car at a cost of something like $10,000.

Everything was going perfectly...the car accelerated towards the ramp, as it got there the rockets were lit...and...kaboom!

Through my tears of laughter I heard Jamie say 'lets reset' and howled some more.

I shouldn't laugh. It would have been great to see it work. Hey, no one died.
    FT.

First I thought it was this:

but it is not...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

No, not the pancake.
      FT.

Comment

I remember the waterskiing, buy not all of the rocket-car. Didn't it go right through the ramp?

I do remember seeing a thoroughly mangled '67 chevy and feeling a little sad.

Kevin

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

That's the one! The Oopsie is at 3:30, Jamie's comment at 3:56.

Kresq, the ramp is the one thing that did survive!
            FT.

Comment

Working...
            X