Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any dates set on the release of a KX133 Athlon mobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any dates set on the release of a KX133 Athlon mobo?

I am getting a new computer and would like to know when the new KX133 motherboards will be shipped.

Greebe any inside info?
    Athlon 500MHz @ 750MHz 1/3
    G400 32 meg Dual-Head Vanilla @ 160.2/200.25 (400.5, 2.5/2.0/2.5)

Should be in some stores by the end of the week. Or so people are saying. Lynn's computers (I think it's name) has been preordering for several months now, if you want to go that route.... I would wait if I were you, until some more reviews come out regarding the new MSI boards. They seem to be pretty comprable to the kx boards. Check www.amdzone.com for more info. on this.

Hope this helps,
    Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Ya thx...

Wonder if I should wait to get a KX133 motherboard or just go for the currents ones now. I ain't really in a rush but I would like to get my new comp within 2 weeks. I will be getting pc133 ram whether i get a KX133 motherboard or not.

I wonder how the KX133 motherboards compare to the currents ones in gaming?

Athlon 500MHz @ 750MHz 1/3
      G400 32 meg Dual-Head Vanilla @ 160.2/200.25 (400.5, 2.5/2.0/2.5)

Comment

So far, the mobos with SB enabled seem to be equally as fast if not more so than the kx boards. Personally, I'm getting the K7 PRO (MSI) this weekend or next because they are extremely stable. No tweaking necessary hardly. Everyone who bought one at amdzone seems to really like them.
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Already got one, thank you. It's very nice.

Jammrock

------------------
          My computer was working great until my brand new "top-of-the-line" power supply committed ritual suicide, after only 24 hours of use, and took out 2 motherboard (mine and a test board), 2 hard drives, a floppy drive and possibly more...a moment of silence plaese please, in rememberance of a valiant computer that served me well.

Sorry, had to vent.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Jammrock, as soon as my moment of silence ends, I will take out my trumpet and play "Taps" for your system in your sig.....

On a happier note how do you think the kx board is performing? Is it the test board, or is it the Epox?
            --- Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't actually have a kx133 board. I thought I did, but I was mistaken.

My brother got a board and chip through some special program and when he told me the sepcs on the board I thought it was a kx133, but alas, it was just a Biostar with the AMD 751 and 756 chipsets. Sorry if I got anyones hopes up

Jammrock

------------------
              My computer was working great until my brand new "top-of-the-line" power supply committed ritual suicide, after only 24 hours of use, and took out 2 motherboard (mine and a test board), 2 hard drives, a floppy drive and possibly more...a moment of silence please, in rememberance of a valiant computer that served me well.

Sorry, had to vent.

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The Epox KX133 is already out but its better to wait for the Asus K7V in the next 2 weeks.
                Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

Working...
                X