What happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened?

Less and less people talking about cool hardware. I thought that was what brought us all together in the first place? I see no threads on eyefinity, ipad, etc...

Does anybody here still bui.ld an actual PC or has everyone moved on to Laptops, netbooks? I still build my PC Currently running Core i7 920 at 3GHz wtih 6GB ram. I switched to Nvidia this round. Running a GTX 275 OC.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I recently built a new rig (details in sig), and picked up 2 Samsung 24" wide screen LCDs to go with it (along with a new Logitech G15 gaming KB and G500 gaming mouse).
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

well.. i'm awaiting for the release of 890fx mainboards... my current rig is way past its time...
      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Still have my dual Opteron 275 HP workstation with 8GB ram and Windows 764bit
        Just bought a GTX 285 OC with 1GB ram

Welcome back Helevitia!!

Comment

There was an iPad thread when it was announced (but I think it was in the lounge).

UPS dropped my Core i7, so I'm back using my dual Xeon as main rig...
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Still build.....not quite ready to accept a fully built machine....not while I still have blood in my veins
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

hrmmm

Still build, work is nuts (nothing new) new rig parts arrived this week but got to get paying side work out first

nice to see you back
              Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

2 Thinkpads + server at the moment. I built my work rig from parts though.

Comment

There are still hardware threads just not as many. A lot of the old timers have left or don't come around often ... :P

I still build my own rigs. Just don't have the budget I used to. My current rig is an AMD Phenom II 920 w/ 8 GB RAM and a dual boot between Win7 and 2008 R2 DC. I do a lot of automation scripting these days. Done some pretty fun things with powershell.

Going to get a USB gaming headset for my b-day. Can't decide whether to get a Razer Megaladon or Logitech G35.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Still building new rigs...Still working for teh Evil Empire.

Are you still with Cisco??? How's the family

I'm still waiting for my G200.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Still working at Cisco. Family is good. Daughter will be 4 in June, can't believe it's been 4 years already. My 20 yr old son is halfway through getting an AA. He wants to move out though, so I don't know how that will play out with school. LOL on the G200
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I also still build my own rig.
                        a) I prefer to get hardware that fits to the things I do with my PC
                        b) It's always interesting to "play" with different parts of hardware

A pre-built PC usually doesn't offer these advantages.
                        Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Working...
                        X